copying/emailing contacts from OL2003 to 2000

Old April 16th 07, 06:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
j_fw

Default copying/emailing contacts from OL2003 to 2000

I have created the new PST file using filenewoutlook data but, when I go to
contacts, right click and click on "copy contacts", it wants me to copy to
only the folders within OL and I can't seem to direct the copy to the new PST
file location. What am I doing wrong here?? I'm sure it is very simple but
pls help.
thanks
John
Old April 16th 07, 10:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook
Outlook trainer and author of Productiv_IT with Outlook

www.judygleeson.com
www.acorntraining.com.au
Canberra, Australia

In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
Johann von Neumann (1903 - 1957)

Old April 16th 07, 01:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

j_fw wrote:

I have created the new PST file using filenewoutlook data but, when
I go to contacts, right click and click on "copy contacts", it wants
me to copy to only the folders within OL and I can't seem to direct
the copy to the new PST file location. What am I doing wrong here??
I'm sure it is very simple but pls help.

Open the old contacts folder and press CTRL-A. That will select all the
contacts. Then click EditCopy to Folder and specify your new Contacts
folder as the destination..
--
Brian Tillman

Old April 16th 07, 05:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
j_fw

thanks but, still the same problem. I have created the new outlook data file
outside of OL correct? ie. in another directory using windows explorer. Now,
when I go back to the OL and right click on "contacts" and click on "copy to
folder", it will only offer me the folders within OL to copy to and not the
newly created data file.
What I am trying to do is send my OL2003 contacts file to my wife's OL2000
via email and I have been following Brian's recipe to do this from May 3 2005
but still not getting something right?? any more tips pls.
thanks
John

Old April 17th 07, 02:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

j_fw wrote:

thanks but, still the same problem. I have created the new outlook
data file outside of OL correct?

Certainly not. Create it with Outlook. FileNewOutlook Data File.

ie. in another directory using
windows explorer. Now, when I go back to the OL and right click on
"contacts" and click on "copy to folder", it will only offer me the
folders within OL to copy to and not the newly created data file.
What I am trying to do is send my OL2003 contacts file to my wife's
OL2000 via email and I have been following Brian's recipe to do this
from May 3 2005 but still not getting something right?? any more tips
pls.

Maybe this will help:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm or this:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...4f6aecf94baeff